Jillian has the following qualifications:
2012 – MA in Paper Conservation, with Distinction. Camberwell College of Art, University of the Arts London.
2011 – Post Graduate Diploma in Paper Conservation, with Merit. Camberwell College of Art, University of the Arts London.
2008 – 2.1 BA Hons Editorial Photography. University of Brighton.
2005 – Foundation Diploma in Fine Art. Central St. Martins College, University of the Arts London.
Conservation is a profession which requires continual training and development. CPD courses, training and conferences that Jillian has attended are listed below:
- Identification of Printed Material – Christopher Harvey, 2019
- Unexpected Fame: Conservation Approaches to the Preparatory Object – ICON B&PG Conference 2018
- Known Consigner Training – National Portrait Gallery, 2018
- Here, There and Everywhere; the Preservation of Photographic Collections – Debra Hess-Norris, ICON, 2018
- Asian Papers & their Applications in Paper Conservation – Minah Song, 2018
- New Methods for Paper Bathing & Stain Removal – Richard Wolbers, IAP, 2018
- In-Painting & Loss Compensation in Paper Conservation – Rita Udina, 2017
- Display Case Specifications – Museum of London, 2017
- Gels in Conservation Conference – IAP & Tate, 2017
- Mini Spatulas with Bamboo and Teflon – National Archives & Megumi Mizumura, 2017
- Managing Archives in Museums – London Museum Development Team, 2016
- Art Handling (National Gallery) – London Museum Development Team, 2016
- Integrated Pest Management – London Museum Development team, 2016
- Basic Book Conservation Techniques – London Metropolitan Archives, 2015
- Adapt & Evolve: East Asian Materials & Techniques in Western Paper Conservation – ICON B&PG Conference 2015
- Emergency Planning & Practical Disaster Recovery – Harwell, 2014
- Adhesives and Release Techniques – Andrea Pataki-Hundt, 2014
- Photographic Conservation (British Library) -Susie Clark, 2011
- Craving, Collecting, Caring (Photographic Seminar)- V&A, 2011